CRCT Testing Dates
Updated CRCT testing dates:
- Reading – April 24
- ELA – April 25
- Math – April 28
- Science – April 29
- SS – April 30
- Make-up – May 1
Awards and Accreditation
In the Fall of 2013, Superintendent Dr. Lula Mae Perry presented Jasper Middle School with the Pickens County Schools Highest Yearly Average Daily Attendance Award for the 2012-13 school year. Congratulations to all JMS stakeholders for making school attendance a priority at JMS.
JMS was also recognized by the Georgia Accrediting Agency as being Accredited with Quality for the 2013-14 school year.
7th Grade Learning Academy Visits Reinhardt
7th Grade Learning Academy visited Reinhardt University and Funk Heritage Center on Friday, February 28th, 2014.
Learning Academy is an enrichment program provided for gifted students at Jasper Middle School. The program is led by JMS Gifted Education Coordinator, Cheryl Carter. From Mrs. Carter: "This was a very informative visit and great fun for a good bunch of students".
8th Grade Field Trip Date Changes
On Tuesday, February 25th, JMS Principal, Neil Howell met with 8th graders regarding changes to the 8th grade field trip dates. Please follow the link below for a letter from him that explains changes to these dates.
Letter from Principal Howell: 8th Grade Field Trip Date Changes
Instructional Days Added to School Calendar
On Monday, February 10th, 2014, the Pickens County Board of Education met in a called emergency board meeting to revise the 2013-2014 school calendar for the purpose of adding instructional days. In addition to the regular instructional days on this year’s calendar, the Board voted for students to attend school on Friday, March 21st, 2014 and Monday, March 24th, 2014. Previous to the Board’s vote, these days were listed on the calendar as an in-service day for teachers and a student holiday.
JMS Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
Joining Mind and Spirit to ensure academic success, social responsibility, and graduation for all. "Our goal is that all students will work not only to meet academic expectations, but that they will strive to exceed expectations."
The vision of Jasper Middle School, in cooperation with all stakeholders, is to commit ourselves to developing critical thinkers and lifelong learners through a rigorous curriculum, high expectations, and positive character development in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Devoted educators actively support students, family, and community to help prepare students to be positive contributors to society through preparation for future challenges and societal demands.
- All students can learn.
- Communication through the spoken and written word is essential to the success of all students.
- Education and learning is a shared responsibility that takes place in the home, school, and community.
- Each and every student must be prepared for an ever-changing and technologically driven society.
- Positive behavior supports lead to greater success.
- All stakeholders are accountable for improving student achievement.