CRCT Testing Dates
Updated CRCT testing dates:
- Reading – April 24
- ELA – April 25
- Math – April 28
- Science – April 29
- SS – April 30
- Make-up – May 1
Awards and Accreditation
In the Fall of 2013, Superintendent Dr. Lula Mae Perry presented Jasper Middle School with the Pickens County Schools Highest Yearly Average Daily Attendance Award for the 2012-13 school year.
JMS was also recognized by the Georgia Accrediting Agency as being Accredited with Quality for the 2013-14 school year.
Student Advisory Council Meeting
There will be a School Advisory Council meeting on Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 2:30 pm at the Pickens County Schools central office (100 D.B. Carroll St.).
JMS CRCT Daily Schedule
CRCT testing begins soon at JMS! Please follow the link below for the CRCT daily schedule.
Georgia Lottery Funded Pre-K Classroom Survey
Pickens County Schools is asking for community input concerning the Georgia Lottery Funded Pre-K program. It is the desire of Pickens County Schools to have a Georgia Lottery Funded Pre-K classroom in every elementary school in the district. However, Pickens County Schools has NOT been awarded Pre-K classes to date. Taking this survey is a way for the district to assess the needs for this program in the community and is in no way intended to be considered a registration process for pre-k. Consequently, your input is VERY important to the district. Once again, the Pickens County School District is seeking community input on the possibilities of having Georgia Lottery Funded Pre-K classrooms in the elementary schools. Your input is very much appreciated.
Alpha Extreme Learning Camp at Georgia College
From Mrs. Susan Vaughan, JMS Counselor: Georgia College in Milledgeville is offering an advanced learning Summer camp called Alpha Extreme, with programs in science and photography. See their website for more information.
JMS Quarter 4 Class Transition Schedules
Please see the links below for lists for Q3 to Q4 class schedule transitions. Tuesday, March 18th is the last day of Q3 and we will begin the new Q4 schedule on Wednesday, March 19th. In addition, a revised bell schedule is included for Q4 with all changes noted. We are rotating the lunch schedules for each grade level so we will achieve a full rotation of classes and lunches.
- Quarter 4 Rotating Schedule
- 2013-2014 Master Transition Map
- 6th Grade Q4 Transition Worksheet
- 7th Grade Q4 Transition Worksheet
- 8th Grade Q4 Transition Worksheet
8th Grade Field Trip Date Changes
A meeting was held recently with 8th graders regarding changes to the 8th grade field trip dates. Please follow the link below for a letter that explains changes to these dates.
JMS Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
Joining Mind and Spirit to ensure academic success, social responsibility, and graduation for all. "Our goal is that all students will work not only to meet academic expectations, but that they will strive to exceed expectations."
The vision of Jasper Middle School, in cooperation with all stakeholders, is to commit ourselves to developing critical thinkers and lifelong learners through a rigorous curriculum, high expectations, and positive character development in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Devoted educators actively support students, family, and community to help prepare students to be positive contributors to society through preparation for future challenges and societal demands.
- All students can learn.
- Communication through the spoken and written word is essential to the success of all students.
- Education and learning is a shared responsibility that takes place in the home, school, and community.
- Each and every student must be prepared for an ever-changing and technologically driven society.
- Positive behavior supports lead to greater success.
- All stakeholders are accountable for improving student achievement.